The Apprenticeship Levy

Introduced in April 2017 the apprenticeship levy means that all organisations with a wage bill of more than £3 million will have to invest in apprenticeships. Work in partnership with a leading national provider, to design and implement a successful programme. 

Now that you’re paying the levy you will want to achieve the best possible return on this investment in skills and training. As a successful training provider we understand your need to work with a partner who has a passion for apprenticeships, establishes a strong cultural fit and tailors the training to meet your organisation's needs. 

Our Apprenticeship levy service has 4 simple steps:

Consultation

Working with Intec on a levy solution you will be allocated an account manager whose role it is to understand your organisations culture, values and strategic goals. Your account manager will be an expert in the field of apprenticeships who can provide advice and guidance on how you can use the levy effectively to achieve your development and recruitment objectives.

Design

Supported by a project team your account manager will help you plan your organisations apprenticeship programme taking into account existing training within your organsiation and how this can be mapped into the Apprenticeship, tailored training requirements and learning resources. Along with Intec’s Subject Specialists they will work with you to design a bespoke programme of learning that develops the skills, knowledge and behaviours of your people and puts your brand, values and vision at the centre of the programme ensuring that training is up to date and current.

Implementation

From programme introduction through to the ongoing training and development of your people we will provide advice and on how to successfully introduce apprenticeship programmes and support the process with a clear business communications strategy.  

Ongoing Management

Your account manager will provide programme management through regular reviews, reporting and help you plan your future programmes. They will help you measure programme success through analysing business impact and return on investment. They will support you with levy calculations and advice on the new developments in the apprenticeship reforms over the coming years.

Why choose Intec?

We are graded Good by Ofsted and with over 30 years experience in delivering high quality work-based training, we are:

  • Focused on understanding your business and designing programmes that fit your requirement.
  • Specialists in our subject areas, we employee qualified trainers who have extensive experience and in-depth sector knowledge in their area of delivery.
  • Able to offer practical support like our levy fund modelling tool, managed service offer and account management from industry experts.
  • Consistently above the national averages when it comes to learner qualification achievement.
  • Highly recommended with over 96% of respondents saying would recommend Intec to a family or friend.
  • Experienced at delivering larger coordinated programmes, Intec deliver training to over 2500 learners each year.

Together let's facilitate a modern learning experience.

A wage bill of less than 3 million?

If your wage bill is less than £3 million you will not pay into the Levy, however there is government funding available to help you up-skill your workforce. If your business undertakes an Apprenticeship programme the government will fund 90% of the training with the remaining 10% funded by you, the employer. 

Apprenticeship Standards

The content of Apprenticeships are also being brought up to date new Apprenticeship Standards are being phased in and over the next couple of years to replace Apprenticeship Frameworks. Designed by employers, the new standards allow for greater flexibility, they focus on delivering the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in a specific job role. Read more about Apprenticeship Standards.

Intec are accredited by all the UK’s leading vocational qualification awardn organisations principally City & Guilds, The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and SkillsFirst

Top